Saturday, November 26, 2016

Making Pumpkin Pie Ahead of Time for Thanksgiving


This is so, so simple... I know I'm the last to hear about these tips. But just in case there's someone else like me out there, here is the easiest method ever for making pumpkin pie super-easy on Thanksgiving morning:

Monday: Make pie dough, form into discs, refrigerate.

Tuesday: Roll out pie dough, fit into pans, wrap in plastic, freeze.

Wednesday: Make pie filling, leave (uncooked) filling covered in the fridge.

Thursday: Preheat oven, grab out the crusts, pour in the filling, bake.

Pie in the oven in less than five minutes on Thanksgiving morning? Yes, please!

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. We do lots of ahead of time work, too. Makes the day far more enjoyable. :)

    I hope you had a low-nausea day for your Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that!

      Re: nausea, Thanksgiving cracked me up. I was either really enjoying the awesome food, or... being extremely nauseated as a result of enjoying the awesome food. LOL Thanksgiving is NOT a low-carb holiday!! :) But it was good anyway, though I am indeed thankful that it's over.

      Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family!!

      Delete

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!